The alerts raised by the flu have become fashionable for manual cleaning and disinfecting water, even using water. It is necessary to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water but disinfectants are useful only when the alcohol content is more than 60%. Therefore, washing hands thoroughly with water is the best method of prevention.
The spread of the influenza virus is a cause for concern. With this concern in mind, they start cleaning products and things with the best alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Should we use them? Despite its claimed benefits, disinfectants are not necessary if they wash their hands, following the recommendations of WHO.
* Wash hands repeatedly with soap and water.
* Do this for at least 15 seconds.
* Pat with a dry paper towel.
Only if you have access to a sink, a solution can be used as a sanitizing product or sanitizer.
Sanitizing gels: efficient if they contain more than 60% alcohol
In the shops you can find two types:
* Cosmetics, whose function is to clean and perfume.
* Biocides, which have been shown to kill germs and carry a registration number on the label.
Whatever type of hand sanitizer, it is effective only when its alcohol content is more than 60%: WHO recommends up to 80%, and clarifies that gels are less effective than liquids.
Other disinfectants that can be used in addition to gels or liquids in the market, you can find other cleaning products.
* Wipes out- They are less effective than washing with soap and water. Furthermore, another point against them is their high environmental impact.
* Chlorine disinfectant- These products clean hands, but do not necessarily kill the virus.
* Antibacterial soap- Effective to kill bacteria (not necessarily killing viruses), but their use is necessary, and resorting to them can ultimately increase bacterial resistance.