Netgear genie is an effective desktop app that can be configures to manage Netgear Wifi Extenders. This app provides a simple dashboard to manage, control and repair home networks. Netgear Genie app works perfect with both windows and MAC operating systems. By using the Netgear Genie app you can share and stream music or videos, diagnose and repair network issues, set up parental controls and more. After installing and setup Netgear Genie app, you can do various tasks:
- Set up a guest network for family and friends.
- You can easily change the user name(SSID) or password of your wireless network.
- Perform a network speed test.
- Setup live parental controls.
- See a graphical map of all your network connected devices.
Netgear Genie setup wizard is the interface for the extender installation. To know more about Netgear Genie app click this link. When you connect your wifi extender to network and open any web browser, it automatically takes you to the Netgear Genie smart setup page. After that you need to follow some simple steps to complete the Netgear Genie Setup:
- Choose the wifi network that you want to extend and click continue.
- Provide the name of your extended wireless network and continue.
- Connect your devices to the new extender network.
- Open the wifi network manager on your laptop or computer.
- Select the new wifi network and click on the connect button.
- Now, click on finish button to complete the setup.
- Unplug the extender and place it where you want to be.
- While you place the extender from another place make sure that the location is within the current router page.
If you find any issue while setting up your extender through Netgear Genie app, then feel free to contact us My Wifi Ext Fix and get the required help. Our expert technician will provide you prompt troubleshooting tips to fix the issue as soon as possible. You can also call us on our toll free number.