The interface used for the extender installation is Netgear genie setup wizard. This setup wizard could be access via a web browser on your computer or laptop. An internet connection must be active on your device. You can connect to the new extended network and enjoy fast connectivity everywhere you want after you are done with the installation of your device.
Let's begin with the setup of Netgear Genie smart setup as follow:
- Link with Netgear_Ext wireless network.
- Now list of existing WiFi networks within the range will be displayed Netgear genie
- Select the name of network you wish to extend and click continue.
- You need to enter the password in case the network has enabled wireless security function.
- Select the 5GHz WiFi network, if you own a dual-band router and hit continue.
- You will be prompt to change the WiFi settings of your extender once the extender starts connecting with the router.
- Click continue button in case you want to skip and don’t want to change the extender settings for now.
- After this you will see a new screen which means your PC has automatically disconnected from the wireless network.
- Verify the settings to make sure they are correct.
- You need to connect to your extender network once again.
- At last click finish button to close the genie setup page.
If you got an issue while following these steps of Netgear genie setup wizard just contact our experts and let them do the setup for you.